Monday, May 21, 2007

Starfucks



I go to the same Starbucks every morning. And I order the same thing everyday: Grande sugar-free vanilla nonfat extra-hot latte. Without fail, something wack always happens there.

Here are the people who make my Starbucks stories possible:

The manager-
Nice guy, super tall. He remembers my name.

The tall girl-
She greets me by name every morning with a real smile. She knows when I'm late for work and when I'm on time. She usually makes the drinks but on occasion does the register.

The dumb girl-
She takes the drink orders. Never remembers my name or my order.

The coffee guy-
He makes the coffee. Sometimes does the register.

So, here are some scenarios that happen on a regular basis:

5/1/07
The coffee guy NEVER acknowledges my name. He just reads the cup with the order on it when he pust it up on the station top. He never just says, "Leah, here you go!" However, one day, he manned the register. And after I ordered, he looks at me and says "Has anyone ever told you that you're beautiful?" No, buddy, but thanks. Next time, why don't you make me feel like a person instead of just yelling "grande sugar-free vanilla nonfat extrahot latte." Say my name- it might help me believe you.

5/4/07
Today, this woman before me goes to order and dumb girl who never
remembers my shit says to her:
"Don't worry______. You're taken care of."

And I looked at her in disbelief- with the manager (who happens to remember my name AND my order) behind her. And I said, "how come I'm never taken care of? I'm in here everyday!" and she goes, "hi!- what can I get you? Oh wait, a grande latte, right?" and I looked at her like she was fucking bonkers, took a deep breath and said " no. I'd like a grande sugar-free vanilla, nonfat, extra-hot latte please" and she goes, "wait, I think I remember your name. Leah, right?" and I was like, "yes. Thank you." I looked back at her manager with a "I can't believe this bitch" face and he
was laughing his ass off already. Rightfully so.

5/10/07
After the "beautiful" instance, coffee guy has started making my coffee and bringing it to the register while I pay (only if it's super busy). He doesn't make me walk over to the station. Sometimes he says I'm beautiful under his breath. Sometimes he says "here Leah." Wonder how he decides.

5/20/07
Today coffee guy asked if I was at the mall yesterday. I said yes. How did he know I was there? I didn't know what to say, so I told him that he should have come over and said "hi." As if he and I are friends or something. I think coffee guy might be stalking me.

5/29/07
Full moons do crazy things to me. My mood gets all sorts of altered and I feel out of sorts every time. However, today, there was a new development in my Starbucks saga that I can only attribute to the moon. I walked in there this morning, looked at tall girl and said that I'd like a grande coffee (lately, I've been switching between hot coffee and cold iced tea). And she instantly, for the first time EVER remembered my order! AND, she spelled my name right! Granted, she forgot the extra-hot part, but that's ok, cuz it was hot outside anyway. All in all, even though my day was entirely fucked up, at least I was able to count on Starbucks...

No comments:

Post a Comment