Tuesday, January 20, 2009

January 20, 2009

Felt the need to come out of my hole to recognize what an amazing day this has been. Been home watching President Barack Obama get sworn in as our 44th president. Seriously people, if there's any reason to get emotional right now, this is it. Twelve years ago today, I was in Washington DC at Bill Clinton's inauguration. But the patriotism I felt today far surpasses meeting Al Gore, attending the inaugural ball AND seeing Peter, Paul and Mary. There's nothing like the feeling that big things are about to happen. God bless America and the new first family.

Side note: Big ups to The Barbarian Group on a campaign well done. Don't think a minute went by during the inaugural telecast where I didn't see a pop-up for the CNN headline shirts. I would love to know how many hits THIS site got today. Serious kudos, guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment