Wednesday, January 21, 2009

History in the making

Twins Jenna and Barbara Bush wrote a letter to Sasha and Malia Obama via the Wall Street Journal giving them advice on how to make the most out of the time in the White House. They really portray their time there as being magical. The best part is that boozy Jenna contributed- you know...the same boozy Jenna that wasn't smart enough to avoid getting arrested for booze. If I were the Obama girls, I'm not sure I'd take her advice...

When my old partner Andy and I left our flat in Prague, we started this "bible" where we left hints and notes to the interns following us on how to make the most out of their experience there. We wrote stuff about the landlords, the people we worked with, names of waiters, where to barf in public and not get arrested, etc. Once we left, we emailed the next set of interns and told them where to find the bible. For about 2 years, every MAS school intern who came through Prague, had contributed to the bible and continued on its legacy.

That's the kind of shit Jen and Babs Bush shoulda done for Sasha and Malia, not sending in a stupid letter to the WSJ and hope the girls actually read that shit. Why didn't they send it in to CosmoGirl or something (ya, ya, I know that magazine is dead)? Or better yet, they shoulda just hid it somewhere- like in a crawl space or something! Their advice isn't even anything that exciting a normal person wouldn't jump in on. I mean honestly, "slide down the banister"- DUH. Gimme shit like if your hamster dies, bury it next to ours in the Habitrail Cemetery™ on the far east side of the great lawn- everyone's gerbil is buried there.

Anyway, I guess it's still pretty cool of them to have written it. It still doesn't make me like George W. though. Not even a tiny bit. Not even for a nanosecond. I still fuckin' hate him and hope that his first grandchild is an adorable gay boy who grows up to be a tranny. I bet that'd really piss him off...

No comments:

Post a Comment