Sunday, July 06, 2008

Bottoms up!

My July 4th contribution to the USA:

LBZ White Sangria

1 bottle Chardonnay (I used Bogle)
1 nectarine, roughly chopped
1 orange, halved, with rind kept on
1 pear, roughly chopped
approx. 20 grapes, halved
2 splashes Grenadine
couple bites of cantaloupe (optional)

Mash in everything, but keep the fruit in tact. Let the mixture soak overnite. The next day, add:

1 bottle Charonnay (yes, another bottle)
1 2-liter bottle of Sprite Zero (can use regular Sprite, but not sure about the sweetness factor)
1 bottle Magners Cider

Was so delicious you have no idea. I know that typically Sangria calls for a sweeter wine, but I think a nice dry white worked really well. The longer you keep the mix in the fridge, the sweeter it gets. Just remember, the fizzy parts go flat, so hold off on adding the Sprite and cider if you'd like the wine and fruit to soak longer.

Pairs extremely well with chips and salsa/guacamole.

No comments:

Post a Comment