Sunday, August 28, 2005

re-inventing couchtime

It's been brought to my attention that I haven't discussed how true a good couch can be. Think back to all the great memories you've had on a couch. Drinking, talking, watching. All good, no, great things happen on a couch. I can actualy pinpoint a plethora of good things that have happened to me on one. However, none can even amount to the great things I anticipate will happen on my new and very own couch (once I find it). I imagine that all of wildest fantasies can happen with it. That I can share it with my best friends, my boyfriends, my favorite tv shows, my favorite commercials. Couchtime should be reinvented. It should be all about wanting to take someone back to your place, sharing a good bottle of wine, good conversations and incredible makeout time. To share your innermost self with it. I hope that mine would talk about the incredible people I've met; the love I've found on it, the memories I've made while sitting on it, laying on it, consumating a relationship on it. And no, not in a gross way. In a beautiful way.
When I find it, I hope I'll know. Maybe it will be like love at first sight. Maybe it will be more like not wanting to share it with anyone else. Like a wonderful relationship is about to start. Like you would have to be a really fucking special person to even sit on this couch...
Sigh.
One day, this couch will be mine. Oh yes, mine. All mine.

1 comment: