
how wrong is it?
It seems as if I have this compulsion to move every couple of months since 2001. I don't know what it is about staying stationary or what scares me so much about it, but it's about to happen again. I've been back in Miami for a total of 8 months. I was itching to get outta here in February. London is my calling, but then again, I thought the same thing about Australia, Turks and Caicos, Italy, Spain and everywhere else. Until I'm there longer than 3 months...and then I up and leave. Granted, I've had to move for schooling purposes, but I'm borderlining on being somewhere almost a year and I'm worried.
Truth be told, I'm dying to buy a couch. I've never had my own and in my mind, it's a sign of stability; that I'm not going anywhere for a long time. I don't have any physical attachment to anything right now other than my journal. Yes, I think a couch would be a good acquisition. I try and convince my friends to go hunting for one with me...no, not on the streets of Miami Beach, but at actual stores. We never get further than Pottery Barn. The other day Catja and I parked ourselves on a $2,700 one, and didn't move for over an hour. We joked that it was ours and gave the employees dirty looks when they walked past our living room uninvited. Makes me laugh to think that a couch could possibly ground me.
I don't even know the first thing about making a big purchase like that. I have no idea what color I would want, or where on earth I would put it. I don't have a permanent apt. to park it, and I don't even know where I'm going to be living next month. All that matters to me lately is the purchase of this anomalous couch though. Can't stop thinking about how much I want one. I walk by couch window displays dreaming that they're mine, scheming of a way to break in, take the couch, and get out without anyone knowing. Ha.
Anyway, I guess the main purpose of a blog is to rant about random shit only useful to me. So, if you happen to read this, and know where I can buy a good nice couch, please let me know. Thanks. Happy sitting.

Fantastic choice bad monkey. Clearly you and I have the same taste in yet another thing. Know where I can find $3,498?
ReplyDelete