Thursday, December 13, 2007

"Hire Slow, Fire Fast"

-Marc Brownstein on 12.12.07 Advertising Age

Truer words were never spoken. I was speaking today with a producer we were shooting with, and I was reminded that we have 3 account people on our 1 account. Ya, it's kind of a big piece of business, but the account people don't do their jobs correctly. If they did, we would only need 1 of them. We've got a "marketing manager", a regular marketing girl, and an associate. Truth of the matter is that the associate is a waste of space and well, the manager leads when she wants to do and drops the ball when she wants to. Hell, they both need to get fired. But with the associate, I could have told you that within the first month of her being at work. It's funny though, every time she's fucked up, people get more upset over the complaints they get about her, than they do about her sucking at her job. How the hell does that make sense?! I agree with Mr. Brownstein, it's easy to know when someone sucks. Just like it should be easy to fire them. But to hire someone quickly, just to fill a space? Well, that's just stupid. Too bad that's my agency's way. Too bad they give people 6 months (ya, you heard me right) to get it right before they get fired as well. Remind me again why the hell I work here?!

No comments:

Post a Comment